Font Size Make Text Larger Make Text Smaller



Tax Assessor

Angela J. Brown

Elected November 2011, Took Office in January 2012

  • Office Hours / Contact Info
  • Duties and Responsibilities
  • Homestead Exemption
Office Hours
Contact Information

 Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Angela Brown - Tax Assessor
Phone (601) 638-6161

Fax: (601)630-8034

The Assessor's Office duties are to list all taxable property and estimate values in accordance with the laws that govern jurisdiction.  The primary tasks are locating and identifying all taxable property, making an inventory of the quantity, quality and important characteristics of all taxable property, estimating the value of each taxable property, determining the extent of taxability of each property, preparing and certifying the assessment roll, notifying owners of the assessed value of their properties, applications for homestead exemption are filed here beginning on the first working day of January thru April 1st.  The assessor also keeps records of all maps and plats of the county.

Homestead Exemption  may be filed from  January 1st to April 1st

the following documents are needed when filing for homestead exemption

  • All deeds to your property (it has to be the recorded instrument - warranty deeds or quit-claims -- NOT the Deed of Trust)

  • Car tag numbers for all vehicles owned by you or in your possession.  (If you have tags other than Warren County, you must change them before you can file).

  • Social Security numbers for yourself, spouse and any joint owners.

  • Birth dates for yourself, spouse and any joint owners.

  • Purchase price of home.

  • Amount of down-payment or equity.

  • Purchase price of land, if you purchased it separately from the home.

  • If you built your home yourself, we need to know what it cost you to build it.

  • If you live in a mobile home on your property, you must bring your mobile home registration certificate.

  • If you are 65 years of age or older, you need to bring proof of age, such as a driver's license or birth certificate.

  • If you are 100% disabled, you should inquire as to what you should do.