Announcement of Job Opening For Shop Foreman
Warren County Board of Supervisors is seeking a qualified person for the position of Shop Foreman. The Shop Foreman is employed by the Warren County Board of Supervisors and works under the supervision of the Road Manager.
The Shop Foreman performs highly skilled mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of diesel, gasoline powered engines and equipment. Incumbents usually direct and participate in the repairs to powered engines and related equipment. Incumbents also assigns task to other mechanics. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Road Manager but is expected to make technical decisions independently within the frame work of the county.
- High school diploma or the equivalent, with good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have mechanical experience with all types of automotive, construction and maintenance equipment
- Must be computer literate
- Must be bondable
- Sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform the work assigned
- Possession of a valid Mississippi Driver’s License
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and participates in the maintenance and repair of all types of automotive, construction and maintenance equipment.
- Repairs and reconditions automobiles, trucks, tractors, and other construction equipment.
- Performs such tasks as grinding valves, setting tappets and push rods; installs new piston rings, wrist pins and bearings.
- Inspects and repairs clutches, transmissions, and universal joints; adjusts and repairs steering gears, lights, brakes, carburetors and ignition systems.
- Supervises and participates in the building of truck bodies and safety devices.
- Inspects equipment for adherence to safety and other work standards and need for maintenance or repair work.
- Maintains a variety of records relating to work orders, monthly time reports, and procurement of supplies and repair parts.
- Repairs and maintains heavy duty and other construction machinery in the shop and in the field.
- Inspects work in progress to see that repairs and replacements are properly made and units are satisfactorily replacements are properly made and units are satisfactorily assembled.
- Does skilled repair work installing timing gears, fitting crankshafts, crankshaft cylinders, repairing hydraulic systems, and other journeyman tasks.
- Maintains shop equipment and procures parts and tools as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating Safety Policies at a Staff level and implementing those policies for the Highway Department.
- Also responsible for any other duties deemed necessary by the Warren County Road Manger.
Benefits include excellent pay based on the level of experience. Fringe benefits include health and life insurances, retirement plan, and leave accrual plan. Other optional insurances and deferred compensation programs available by payroll deduction.
Those interested in this position must submit a detailed resume to: Donna Hardy, Warren County Chancery Clerk, 1009 Cherry Street, Vicksburg, MS 39183. The office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is located on the 1st floor of the Warren County Courthouse. Resumes should be sealed and marked Resume-Warren County Road Department – Shop Foreman on the envelope. The deadline to submit a resume is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 15, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Jamie Cain, Road Manager, at 601-636-1431.
Warren County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.