Shawn Jackson is a native of Vicksburg, MS and a member of the Warren County Board of Supervisors – District 3, where she also serves as Vice President of the Board. Through her 15 year union with Lawrence Davis Jr, she is the Mother of three sons, Kai, Jayce and Taj.
- Shawn Jackson is the daughter of Dolores PC Jackson (of Vicksburg, MS) and Joe Edward Knox (of Utica, MS), the Granddaughter of Dolores PC Bullock (of Vicksburg, MS) and Frank Steed (of Anguila, MS) and a lifelong member of Historic Bethel AME Church of Vicksburg, MS.
- Cornell University – Bachelor’s of Science in Labor Labor, Economics & Negotiations (Ithaca, NY 1998)
- Cornell University Summer College – High School Program (Ithaca, NY 1992)
- Ithaca High School (Ithaca, NY 1994)
- Many may have met her through one of several restaurants/eateries she’s owned over the years, however, she is the founder and operator of TrainSpree a workforce development/consulting firm that has trained thousands of employees across Mississippi and Louisiana. Through the training provided by her firm, countless residents of our state have retained their jobs, received an increase in pay and promotions.
- Shawn Jackson is a former strategic consulting for the Monitor Company (currently Monitor Deloitte) where she consulted clients (both national and international) on strategy, business development, and topics related to mergers & acquisitions and tourism.
- Shawn Jackson is also a former Vice President of Investment management over a $60MM New Markets Tax Credit community revitalization fund.
- Past/current clients include the Government of Bermuda, AT&T, Chik-Fil-A and Merck Pharmaceuticals as well as the State of Mississippi.
Community & Board Affiliations:
- Ms. Jackson has been active in engaging voters in Mississippi, with a particular focus on young voters and young professional voter engagement.
- Recent board and community involvement include serving on and holding the following positions:
- The Board of Directors for the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Delegate of The Warren County Democratic Committee
- Vice President of Fundraising for the Cornell Black Alumni Association
- Member of WWISCA (5) Committee Economic and Workforce Development Committee for the National Association of County Officials
- Board of Directors – Cornell University School of Labor Relations Alumni Association
- Member, Historic Bethel AME Church (Vicksburg, MS)