- Dr. Holland is married to Janet (37+ years). They have two children, Megan and Eric. Eric is married to Martha, and they have one child, Margaret (the grandchild). Dr. Holland is a member at FBC-Vicksburg, where he teaches, is a deacon, and a choir member. He is also a member of the board of directors for the Center for Pregnancy Choices.
- Dr. Holland received a bachelor’s in environmental engineering, with honors, from Western Kentucky University, and a master’s in environmental and water resources engineering from Vanderbilt University. He holds a doctorate in civil engineering from Colorado State University.
- Dr. Jeffery P. Holland was the director of the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) from January 2010 until his retirement in March 2017 (after 37.5 years of federal service). As director, Dr. Holland managed one of the most diverse research organizations in the world – seven laboratories in four states, with more than 2,300 employees (including 9 Senior Executives), $1.2 billion in facilities and an annual program exceeding $1 billion.
- In addition to his position as ERDC director, Dr. Holland also served as Director of research and development and Chief Scientist for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. In this role, he developed policy, set direction and provided oversight for Corps research and development. Dr. Holland was also the lead for the Department of Defense S&T investments in Engineered Resilient Systems (ERS), the department’s newest S&T initiative utilizing advanced physics-based modeling, data analytics, and supercomputing in support of improved acquisition.
Served as the Chair of the Vicksburg-Warren Economic Development Foundation.
Served as the Director of the Vicksburg Coding Academy through Hinds CC.
Member of the board of directors for the Center for Pregnancy Choices.
- Mississippi Research Consortium Advisory board (2013)
- Member at First Baptist Church of Vicksburg where he teaches, is a deacon and a choir member.
Significant Awards, Registrations and Publications
- Dr. Holland has received numerous awards and honors, including the Department of Defense Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service (2017)
- Award for Outstanding Service in the Army Senior Executive Service (2017)
- Distinguished Executive, Presidential Rank Award (2014)
- The Federal Laboratory Consortium Director of the Year Award (2014)
- Silver Order of the de Fleury Medal (2012)
- Alcorn State University Presidential Citation for Excellence (2012)
- Meritorious Executive, Presidential Rank Award (2008)
- Army Meritorious Civilian Service Award (2007)
- Bronze Order of the de Fleury Medal (2006).
- He has authored or co-authored more than 100 publications, is a member of several technical societies, and is a registered professional engineer in Mississippi.