- Native of Vicksburg and mother of three adult children and two grandchildren.
- Master of science degree in communications management from Syracuse University, New York, 2001.
- Bachelor’s degree in magazine journalism from the University of Texas at Austin, 1983.
- Graduate of Warren Central High School, 1979.
- Owner of Lorelei Books, Vicksburg’s independent bookstore devoted to keeping the love of literacy and learning alive.
- Owner of Delta Warren Properties, preserving and restoring historic downtown buildings as a driver of Vicksburg economic growth.
- Nuclear communications adviser to the International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria.
- Entergy (retired), former vice president of integrated communications.
- Commission Member, Mississippi Commission on School Accreditation
- Board of Directors, Vicksburg-Warren County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Vicksburg Warren Economic Development Foundation
- Board of Directors, United Way of West Central Mississippi
- Member, Warren County Long-Term Recovery Committee
- Steering Committee Co-Chair, Vicksburg Warren College and Career Academies
- Council Member, Warren and Claiborne Counties Energy Academy Partnership
- President, Warren County Forestry Association
- Board of Directors, Southern Culture Heritage Foundation
- First Presbyterian Church, ruling elder, adult Sunday School teacher and ordained deacon