Announcement of Job Opening
Warren County Assistant Purchasing Agent
Warren County Board of Supervisors is seeking a qualified person for the position of Assistant Purchasing Agent. The Assistant Purchasing Agent is employed by Warren County Board of Supervisors and works under the supervision of the Purchasing Agent.
Summary: The Assistant Purchasing Agent is charged with the responsibility of assisting the Purchasing Agent in obtaining necessary commodities, materials, equipment, and services in a manner that will ensure uninterrupted operations of all County departments while maintaining a proper balance between price and quality.
- High school diploma with good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be bondable
- Familiar with time keeping and payroll processes
- General knowledge of procurement procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as a County representative with vendors and suppliers. The Assistant Purchasing Agent has the authority to issue purchase orders, subject to approval of the Agent; act on behalf of the Agent in all matters of County business as assigned.
- Must work with department heads and elected officials as an advisor regarding procurement for their offices.
- Once legality and funding are verified, handle request from all departments that do not require the Purchasing Agent attention.
- Contact vendors and contract representatives to obtain up-to-date information about goods and services required by the County; compare quotes and place appropriate orders and follow-up as needed
- Generate request for quotes for items exceeding $5,000 in value and make award for purchase according to rules and regulations for governing authority within the State of Mississippi.
- Work with the Agent to develop and produce specifications and requests for bids for materials, equipment, and service contracts requiring the bid process
- Reconcile month-end reports for claims docket
- Appear before the Board of Supervisors in the absence of the Agent, to handle any business requiring Board action
- Work directly with the Building and Grounds Supervisor in matters relating to time keeping and personnel matters as necessary
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned by the Purchasing Agent.
Benefits include excellent pay based on the level of experience. Fringe benefits include health and life insurances, retirement plan, and leave accrual plan. Other optional insurances and deferred compensation programs available by payroll deduction.
Those interested in this position must submit a detailed resume to: Donna Hardy, Warren County Chancery Clerk, 1009 Cherry Street, Vicksburg, MS 39183. The office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is located on the 1st floor of the Warren County Courthouse. Resumes should be sealed and marked Resume-Warren County Assistant Purchasing Agent on the envelope. The deadline to submit a resume is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday 1/21/2021. If you have any questions, please contact Penny Evans, Purchasing Agent, at 601-638-7428.
Warren County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.