Warren County COVID-19 News and Updates
How to prevent COVID-19
§ Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
§ Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) away from others.
§ Wash hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
§ Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Advisory from the Mississippi State Health Officer on social gatherings: Due to rapidly rising COVID-19 cases, all residents of Mississippi should avoid any social gathering that includes individuals outside of the immediate family or household. MSDH recommends that Mississippians only participate in work, school, or other absolutely essential activities, and avoid gatherings such as social events, sporting events, in-person church services, and weddings and funerals unless they involve only close family (preferably outdoors).
Mississippi COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
Mississippi Vaccination Timeline (as of Dec. 15)
· Front-line high priority staff in hospitals, and residents and staff of long-term care facilities, will be the first priority for vaccination.
· Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine are expected over the coming weeks. This will allow expansion of vaccination to all healthcare workers in any setting, and continued priority on those in long-term care facilities.
· As more vaccine arrives over the coming months, vaccinations will be expanded to other groups such as essential workers and high-risk groups: those with chronic disease and people over age 65. MSDH will follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
· The schedule of future vaccine arrivals is hard to predict, but vaccinations for the general public will probably not be available for several months.
Vaccination What to Expect
· Two vaccinations, 21 to 28 days apart (depending on type of vaccine) will be required for full effectiveness.
· Like most vaccines, you should expect some soreness and fatigue for up to a day after vaccination, a sign that the body is developing a proper immune response.
Vaccine FAQs (4pp)
Answering Your Questions About the New COVID-19 Vaccines