Notice of Job Opening
Warren County Purchasing Agent
Warren County Board of Supervisors is seeking a qualified person for the position of Purchasing Agent. The Purchasing Agent is employed by Warren County Board of Supervisors and works under the supervision of the County Administrator.
Summary: The Purchasing Agent is charged with the responsibility of obtaining necessary commodities, materials, equipment, and services in a manner that will ensure uninterrupted operations of all County departments while maintaining a proper balance between price and quality.
- High school diploma with good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be bondable
- Familiar with time keeping and payroll processes
- General knowledge of procurement procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage County Purchasing Operations
- Follow State purchasing laws
- Process requisitions from all county departments
- Acting as a County representative with vendors and suppliers. The Purchasing Agent has the authority to issue purchase orders
- Must work with department heads and elected officials as well as vendors and sales representatives regarding procurement for departments
- Work with Receiving and Inventory clerk to ensure that the county receives what is ordered and is properly added to inventory
- Contact vendors and sales representatives to obtain up-to-date information about goods and services required by the County; compare quotes and place appropriate orders and follow-up as needed
- Generate request for quotes for items exceeding $5,000 in value and make award for purchase according to rules and regulations for governing authority within the State of Mississippi
- Develop and produce specifications, request bids for materials, equipment, and service contracts requiring the bid process
- Prepare advertisements for items that require bids
- Distributes bid invitations to vendors
- Receive bids by Electronic or Reverse Auction methods
- Perform data entry of purchasing information according to account coding as outlined in the State Department of Audit’s uniform chart of accounts
- Reconcile month-end reports for claims docket
- Appear before the Board of Supervisors to handle any business requiring Board action
- Work directly with the Building and Grounds Supervisor in matters relating to time keeping and personnel matters as necessary
Benefits include excellent pay based on the level of experience. Fringe benefits include health and life insurances, retirement plan, and leave accrual plan. Other optional insurances and deferred compensation programs available by payroll deduction.
Those interested in this position must submit a detailed resume to: Donna Hardy, Warren County Chancery Clerk, 1009 Cherry Street, Vicksburg, MS 39183. The office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is located on the 1st floor of the Warren County Courthouse. Resumes should be sealed and marked Resume-Warren County Purchasing Agent on the envelope. The deadline to submit a resume is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Loretta Brantley, County Administrator at 601-634-8073.
Warren County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.