The Warren County Election Commission is always looking for Poll managers to staff precincts throughout the county. Poll Managers have a unique opportunity to serve the community, meet their neighbors and become involved in the election process. Poll Managers are compensated $125.00 for each election they work and an additional $10.00 per hour for each training. Returning and Receiving Managers receive an extra $20.00 plus mileage reimbursement in excess of 10 miles from their precinct to election central. You must work election day in order to get paid for training.
In order to apply you must meet the following criteria.
- Be a registered ACTIVE voter in Warren County.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be willing and able to attend a training session. In addition, anyone wishing to become a Certified Poll Manager must complete and pass an online certification test and will receive $20.00 upon passing/completion.
- Be prepared to work the entire Election Day from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Be non-partisan and neutral when working an election.
- Setting up election equipment inside a designated polling location.
- Preparing election equipment as instructed in training sessions.
- Maintaining election equipment security throughout the election period.
- Thoroughly reviewing and completing all elections forms.
- Posting prescribed election materials inside and outside the polling location.
- Qualifying voters through the use of photo I.D. and polling list.
- Providing instructions and directions to assist voters when needed.
- Selecting the correct ballot style for each voter.
- Assisting voters during the voting process to explain equipment usage.
- Closing the polls at the end of the voting period.
- Retrieving and returning all designated election supplies to the Warren County Election Commission.
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements
- Computer skills are required, including the ability to operate mobile devices such as tablets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact and cooperate with co-workers and to deal effectively and positively with voters, poll watchers and the general public.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow Mississippi elections laws and instructions given by the Warren County Election Commission.
If you are interested in becoming a poll manager please
APPLY HERE ONLINE