Ben Luckett, Tax Assessor
November 2015, Took Office in January 2016
Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone (601) 638-6161
Fax: (601) 630-8032
ATTENTION HOME OWNERS:
Any change in your homestead exemption property requires a new application with the Tax Assessor's Office to receive credit for 2016. (If a new application needs to be signed, bring in this card with tag numbers listed below.
Some examples of changes are:
- Sold part of homestead track or purchased additional property
- attained age 65 in 2015 or became 100% disabled
- Death of homeowner or spouse; change in marital status (Marriage, Divorce or Separation
- Any deed, will or correction recorded in 2015
- if you were born in the year 1950
(Refinance or mortgages do not apply)
Deadline for claiming the exemption is April 1.
If there are no changes you do not have to sign.
Warren County Tax Assessor
Aerial Maps can be found at http://warren.msmaps.org
Important Dates to Remember:
- Homestead - January 1st until April 1st
- Tax Rolls are turned over to the Board of Supervisors for approval - First Monday in July
- Personal Property Renditions - April 1st (after will accure a penalty of 10%
- Appeal Deadline - First Monday in August